Happy New Year, everyone! We’re officially headed towards Nosegasm.com’s fifth anniversary, which is absolutely crazy to me. Sitting at the computer in 2013, writing about my first ever beauty purchases and PR packages, I never could have imagined working in the industry, being a full time student, and still having such a passion for the products I write about. Obviously, as school and work take priority, this blog has taken a back seat since about this time last year, but I wanted to assure you that as long as I keep loving makeup, skincare, and fragrance, there will at least be these samples roundups and empties review. So, without further ado, here are this month’s sampled products, ranging from new releases to cult favorites. For quick reference, WNR stands for Would Not Repurchase/Recommend and WR is Would Repurchase/Recommend.
- StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream ($99*): I’ve heard such incredible things about this cream, and even met a customer who showed dramatic before and after results of using it. However, for the price, there is no reason this cream should smell as chemical-laden as it does. The sharp, unpleasant fragrance cancels out any pros. WNR
- Flawless By Friday MesmerEyes Eye Mask System ($26*): This stuff burned the skin under my eyes, which felt raw and irritated afterwards. WNR
- Tom Ford Bisque Traceless Perfecting Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 ($102*): What I really liked about this foundation was the unique texture, it feels like a thick mousse rather than a traditional liquid. It definitely feels like a mask of sort in this way. It gives medium to full coverage with a natural/radiant finish that really perfects large pores and texture. The main issue I had was how it began to break down throughout the day. I sometimes wear foundation for almost 18 hours at a time, and I need it to last the full day. This broke down noticeably around the nose, hairline, and other places by the 16th hour. If you’re only going to wear it for a few hours then I think you’ll like it, but for the practical users I don’t think this is the one. For reference, I have dry skin and was using the Smashbox oil primer. WNR
- Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer ($40*): Watery lotion type primer. Made no impression on me. WNR
- Eight & Bob Original ($210*): I wore this perfume twice to test it, and both times I forgot I was wearing it. Longevity wise it is just not worth the incredibly high price tag, especially when the smell is average at best. What is this brand, anyways? WNR
- Clinique Ivory Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer ($35*): I am undecided about this foundation. Pros: full coverage easily and quickly, long-lasting. Cons: very pink, strange applicator, no SPF, looked terrible in some lighting (picked up texture). For now I don’t see this working for me. WNR
- LUSH Cosmetics Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub ($22.95*): This is more like a bath oil than a body scrub, it melts into an oil upon contact with the skin. Not impressed. WNR
Have you tried any of these products? What have you been loving this season?
*Prices true at time of writing.
Enjoyed this article? Love fragrance & beauty? Make sure to subscribe to Nosegasm.com by email so you don’t miss the hottest reviews, latest news, and awesome giveaways. Find us on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, too!