As a beauty junkie I am always gathering samples, which typically come with online purchases or when I’m interested in purchasing something from a department store. I outright refuse to subscribe to those sample boxes on principle; they’re meant to be free, for goodness sake! I thought it would be fun to share my first impressions on a week’s worth of samples and let you know whether or not I plan to purchase a full size of any of the products. For quick reference, WNR stands for Would Not Repurchase/Recommend and WR is Would Repurchase/Recommend.
- Seed Relaxing Lavender Healthy Hand Cream ($9.95*): I love this company, but this hand cream was a miss for me. While the lavender smell was really enjoyable, the formula was thin and fluid like water! I personally prefer a thicker cream for my hands at night, but if you’re into the lighter formulas, you may like it. WNR
- John Varvatos Vintage ($89*): This has a ton of traditionally masculine notes like tobacco, suede, fir, and more. On me it kinda gave a “dirty” vibe, which I’m not a fan of. WNR
- Versace Pour Homme ($99*): Citrus bomb! Very heavy on the lemon, it is bright and sporty and fresh. There’s a hint of spice to ground it, reminiscent of D&G Light Blue Pour Homme. I feel like all the masculine Versace scents are kinda the same formula of overwhelming citrus with a bit of something else, which definitely works well as a “masking” scent if you need to skip a shower or totally out-smell everyone around you (or if you’re a smoker). As much as I love these types of fragrances, I have to admit that I’ve perhaps outgrown that category? I like it, but I don’t see myself dropping a hundred bucks on it. WNR
- Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant ($145*): This is one of Atelier’s longer lasting, smoother, and overall better citrus fragrances. However, it is just that – a citrus fragrance, for a whopping $145, no less. I feel like you could use any citrus essential oil and get a similar result. If I’m going to spend cash on a fragrance, I need it to be more complex than this is. WNR
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate ($56*): The hype is real on this oil, and I am so thankful because I’m only two bottles away from being out of oils in my arsenal. This oil is very smooth and light, glides onto the skin, feels hydrating and nourishing, warms slightly, and smells heavenly. The fragrance is really like aromatherapy, and reminds me to take a deep breath and relax before bedtime. It doesn’t hurt that this is a great price and 99.8% natural. WR
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve ($19*): Terrible, waxy texture that won’t sink into the skin. Shame, I liked the eucalyptus oil fragrance. WNR
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner ($24*): Soft, milky texture, didn’t make a difference to the way my skincare applied or removed extra residue. WNR
Have you tried any of these products? What have you been loving this season?
*Prices true at time of writing.
Enjoyed this article? Love fragrance & beauty? Make sure to subscribe to Nosegasm.com by email so you don’t miss the hottest reviews, latest news, and awesome giveaways. Find us on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, too!