During the month I come across so many products that it’s hard to remember which ones I like, and why I do. So, this is my way to track my thoughts – straight from my Notes app to the blog. Most of the pictures were snapped with my iPhone 3GS – that’s a 3MP camera, in case you’re wondering – so please forgive the quality. Make sure to let me know what you think, and as always, thanks for reading 🙂
October 2014 Sniffing Adventures
– Yankee Candle Banana Nut scented candle: Surprisingly accurate to a freshly-baked banana bread. Equally banana and bakery goodness – two thumbs up! I also like this packaging.
Bath & Body Works
– Whitewater Rush cologne: I was very excited to see a new line of men’s fragrances at B&BW, given that the last time they added anything exciting to the collection was over a year and a half ago when they introduced White Citrus. The new bottles are much slicker than the old ones, and the build is very solid. As for the fragrance, it’s exactly what you’d expect: a big watery androgynous thing. Reminds me of Lacoste Essential Sport.
– Wild Madagascar Vanilla EDP: If you’re following me on Twitter (which you should be!) you’ll know I have a tiny collection of Bath & Body Works’ preview size EDPs, which are a handy way to try something new without breaking the bank for a full bottle. Price wise, the 7mL previews are $0.85/millilitre, and the full size is $0.78/millilitre. I was excited to add WMV to my growing family of minis, but was astounded – truly – to find that it is identical to last year’s Forever Red Vanilla Rum, which I already own. I find it so frustrating that they are advertising it as a brand new scent instead of a repackage, but it doesn’t matter what I think. Needless to say, I didn’t pick it up.
The Body Shop
– Red Musk: There were two bottles on the display for RM, and I accidentally picked up the perfume oil. I fumbled with the horribly designed dropper for a little while until I found the EDP with a proper sprayer, and the rest is history. I was surprised to find an unconventional, new direction for The Body Shop in Red Musk. It’s a woodsy masculine that works wonders, and the only complaint I have is that without the box it is $37, with one it is $45. Total ripoff for four cardboard walls.
– Glazed Apple body butter: I love me some body butter from TBS – it’s truly a great product. I was excited to see that the new Christmas scents were in, but disappointed to see that Gingerbread didn’t make it back for another round, and that the ones that did got name changes. Glazed Apple smells like a cherry flavoured Jolly Rancher, the fruity hard candy that I love so. I think there was a miscommunication between departments here, because the name and the scent don’t work at all. You’ll notice that in the photo the label under the body mist is ‘room spray’, which was on purpose, it would seem. Interesting!
To-sniff list (red=new for this month, black=left from last month):
- Zoella Beauty Blissful Mistful
- Taylor Swift Incredible Things
- Diana Vreeland collection
- Bath & Body Works bar soaps
- Coach Poppy Wild Flower
- Lady Gaga Eau de Gaga
- Rihanna Rogue Man
- Inglot Freedom System Fragrances
- Chloe Chloe Love Story
- Tom Ford Costa Azzurra
- Jack Black’s fine fragrance collection
- En Voyage Perfumes Captured in Amber, Café Cacao (based on SmellyThoughts’ video)
- Juniper Ridge’s collection (based on Fragrance Bro’s video)
- Kiehl’s Vanilla & Cerdarwood (Grace Helbig called it a ‘sugar boner’, so I obviously need to try it)
- MAC’s Turquatic
- Thierry Mugler Pure Wood
- Lush’s Gorilla collection
- Lush shower jellies
- Thierry Mugler Angel Eau Sucre
- Philosophy’s collection
- Bond No. 9’s collection
- Hopeful order: Percy Jackson collection samples from AmbersHallowbyEC
- Hopeful order: Once Upon a Time collection samples from delightfulrot