During the month I come across so many products that it’s hard to remember which ones I like, and why I do. So, this is my way to track my thoughts – straight from my Notes app to the blog. Most of the pictures were snapped with my iPhone 3GS – that’s a 3MP camera, in case you’re wondering – so please forgive the quality. Make sure to let me know what you think, and as always, thanks for reading 🙂
July 2014 Sniffing Adventures
– Poo-Pourri: Who would have thought that the first item on this month’s Sniffing Adventures would be from a book store, of all places? I’ve heard loads about Poo-Pourri recently, and I’ve had it on my to-sniff list for a while. Not until I saw it with my own eyes in those bins on the way to the cash that I realized this was actually a really thing. The small bottles are $10 in Canada, and the bigger ones $15, which makes them quite pricey. To all my Canadian friends who weren’t sure where to find this – check your Indigo/Chapters/Coles, it might be there.
Toronto Airport duty free
– Thierry Mugler Alien Aqua Chic: A yellow floral. A bit sweaty, heavy on the honeysuckle. Found this rather overpowering after very little time.
– Paco Rabanne Invictus: This won a lot of praise with the pros, but all I’ve read so far – about everything from the juice to the bottle – says otherwise, and I have to agree. It’s a synthetic ham with kiwi.
– Davidoff The Game: I think I might have been the first to try this in the store, as the lid was on there pretty tight and took a few heavy pumps to get going. And no wonder – people must think somebody left this on their way back from Vegas. Is it lime? Cucumber? Yes, and it’s odd. Dries down peppery and mean.
Helsinki Airport duty free
– Sisley Eau de 1 Sisley: Incredibly old fashioned, like a fruity floral from the last century. Mossy but feminine.
– Cacharel Catch… Me: Candy that’s sat at the bottom of a toy box through a child’s entire puberty.
– Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum: Oh my, can’t believe I’ve never tried this before. This is powdery chocolate and plastic balloon animals, caramel and salted nuts. Extraordinarily heavy in terms of a modern mega-seller.
– Karl Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld for Her: A pleasant peachy aroma. Slightly vanilla. Rather unremarkable.
– Karl Lagerfeld Karl Lagerfeld for Him: Now THIS is interesting. A cucumber scent. Fruity. Veggie-y. Yum.
– Prada Candy Florale: Can’t believe this came to Israel before Canada… it smells like tutti fruity and bazooka gum.
– Cartier La Panthere: Powdery pink gum. Strong. Mmmm.
– Tom Ford Sahara Noir: Dry feces.
– Escentric Molecules Molecule 01: This line is European, so you can’t really try it in North America. I think it’s supposed to smell different on everyone or something gimmicky like that. On me it’s a sour, woodsy, leathery, musty, peppery masculine.
– Old Spice Whitewater: Fresh. Love that this comes in a glass bottle. Don’t think we have this line in Canada.
– Lancôme Hypnôse Homme: I’m strangely attracted to this scent, which is a little bit smoky and a little bit leathery. It smells like a hut in a fantasy novel, if that gets it across for you. A tinsy floral, almost indistinguishably so. Cool bottle, too.
– Axe Gold Temptation: I’ll admit, I was attracted to the packaging. The scent, although pleasant at first, was positively revolting, and lasted too long to be anybody’s friend.
Tel Aviv Airport duty free
– Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi: Very similar to Eau d`Orange Verte in its opening. Changes after a little while to an intoxicating citrus. Love the blue TF bottle.
To-sniff list (red=new for this month, black=left from last month):
- Enrique Iglesias Adrenaline
- Inglot Freedom System Fragrances
- Chloe Chloe Love Story
- Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Gold Couture
- Katy Perry Killer Queen Royal Revolution
- Tom Ford Costa Azzurra
- Jack Black’s fine fragrance collection
- En Voyage Perfumes Captured in Amber, Café Cacao (based on SmellyThoughts’ video)
- Juniper Ridge’s collection (based on Fragrance Bro’s video)
- Atelier Cologne Blanche Immortelle
- Kiehl’s Vanilla & Cerdarwood (Grace Helbig called it a ‘sugar boner’, so I obviously need to try it)
- MAC’s Turquatic
- Puma Puma Green Brasil Edition, Puma Yellow Brasil Edition
- Arquiste The Architects Club
- Lacoste Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc Limited Edition
- Thierry Mugler Pure Wood
- Vera Wang Princess Power
- Lush’s Gorilla collection
- Lush shower jellies
- Thierry Mugler Angel Eau Sucre
- Philosophy’s collection
- Bond No. 9’s collection
- Hopeful order: Percy Jackson collection samples from AmbersHallowbyEC
- Hopeful order: Once Upon a Time collection samples from delightfulrot