Hey there! If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance you’re a sniffer.
What’s a sniffer? By (my) definition, a sniffer is a person who obsessively seeks out products to smell – constantly! I consider myself a sniffer, and that’s a good reason for why I write this blog.
During the month I come across so many products it’s hard to remember which ones I like, and why. I thought it’d be interesting to share with you my thoughts as they come – straight from my Notes app to the post. The pictures were snapped with my iPhone 3GS – that’s 3MP, in case you’re wondering – so please forgive the quality. Since this is my first Sniffing Adventures, make sure to let me know what you think! And as always, thanks for reading 🙂
March 2014 Sniffing Adventures
Shoppers Drug Mart
– Sniffed Guerlain’s Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca for the second time today, I’ve never heard anything about it but I love it. Last time I smelled it I thought it was a honey-based fragrance,but I don’t think so anymore – maybe florals? Something about it intrigues me.
American Eagle Outfitters
– Live Surf cologne: Pushy SA, pretty bottle, nice summer scent, very salty. Will consider getting, although I still think their fragrances are overpriced for what they are.
Bath & Body Works
– Island Waters candle: Water? What water? A pineapple scent if there ever was one. I love pineapple.
– Cheers to Capri candle: THEY BROUGHT LIMONCELLO BACK!!!!!!!! I CAN’T BREATHE!! I don’t know what this new tin is, but I like it! DiD i MeNtIoN lImOnCeLlO iS bAcK???
– Red Guava Lava candle: Sweet fruity. Already forgot it.
– Lanikai Coconut candle: Why did I even bother? Smells like sunscreen.
– Pineapple Palm Grass candle: Sweeter version of Island Waters.
– Black Sands candle: The smell of nothing. I like the packaging, but it’s a waste of wax.
– Rainforest Sugarcane candle: Slightly reminiscent of London Calling.
– Mahogany Teakwood candle: The famed Mahogany Teakwood… We meet at last. It was tucked away on the tallest shelf, but I got my paws on it anyway. It smells like the blandest, weakest cologne ever, and I’m glad I stayed off that bandwagon for as long as I did.
– American Boardwalk candle: Haven’t we seen this one before? Like, fifteen times before? This is the first time I can actually stand it, so maybe they reformulated. A LOT of caramel corn. I couldn’t imagine burning this.
– Diamond Collection Sport Club Red EDT: I did not want to buy this. I did not plan to buy this. It was not part of the sale. I told the SA I didn’t want it if it’s not part of the sale. And yet, when the total came up, this was part of it. I am ashamed and embarrassed, overtaken with the anxiety I felt when entering my PIN. On the other hand, I do need a bottle in my bag for work touch ups, and I suppose $5 isn’t much for a good fragrance anyway. I feel better about this now. Good work, Gil. Should I bother reviewing this? (I will).
– The Comforter bubble bar: I need this in my life. A huge bar which can easily be split into four pieces, which is about $2.73 per bath – not bad. Really lovely smell! My problem with it lies in the fact that like the rest of Lush’s line, it doesn’t look ‘polished’. Probably cute for couple baths though.
– Crescent Bay body mist: guys, they’re selling their guys and girls body care for $7 each. The 50 mL EDT is $11. There’s additional products in the back for $5… This is a good day for Hollister. I’d buy everything, but it’s not like I need any more product (I lied, I went back and got the Crescent Bay body mist).
Bath & Body Works
– Sea Island Cotton body spray: why is this so cheap? They have a selection of products for 75% off, which is, as I recall, a better deal than the last semi-annual sale. This is the only one I like, but I don’t like it enough to buy it. Smells like clean laundry.
Bed Bath & Beyond
– Yankee Candle galore! They have a whole bunch of votives on sale, I picked up three because why not? They also had these 12 votive plastic holders for 1 penny – score!
Shoppers Drug Mart
– Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Delight: Really great floral (honeysuckle?), but not my favorite packaging that Marc Jacobs has done. Additionally, I wasn’t able to sample; I’m so tired of stores pretending not to have samples – I made a purchase and I know you have them, so just be a doll and lemme have my fix. Jeez.
– Escada Born In Paradise: Wow! The best fragrance I’ve smelled in a long time. A great tropical; hint of coconut, guava, and chocolate? SA says it is limited edition, and nearly sold out. Will have to get a sample or a roller ball.
– Benefit has fragrances? Who knew? They’re going for $20, so maybe someone else will be brave enough to try them. Not me!
– *Gasp* the entire Axe collection is on sale. I must resist… Damn, I bought Anarchy anyway. SOOOO GOOD.
I thought this would also be a good opportunity to list some of the things I’ve eager to try going into the next month: Prada’s Candy Florale (which has a limoncello note!), Maison Martin Margiela’s collection, which may or may not be coming to Sephora, and Nina Ricci La Tentation de Nina, which has eluded me thus far. I’m also excited to pick up a few more votives at Bed Bath & Beyond, as well as trying out some of Atelier Cologne’s line and anything by CB I Hate Perfume, if I can get my hands on it. In terms of body products, Lush Cosmetics has some really cool new things, including their 3-in-1 The Immaculate Eggception bathbomb, their Gorilla perfumes, and their shower jellies which I’m interested in trying. How about you?